Links for Patients
- Australian Pain Management Association - Provides help for patients, their carers and treatment options, as well as a Pain Link Help Line: 1300 340 357.
- Chronic Pain Australia - An online library of information for patients with chronic pain, including acute low back pain, neuropathic pain, CRPS, cancer pain, phantom pain and post shingles pain.
- Pain Australia - Aims to improve knowledge and understanding of pain and self management of pain.
- ACT ME/CFS Society - A site for chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia which contains some useful general information on chronic pain.
- Brainman - A clever, short cartoon series about living with chronic pain.
- HealthDirect - The national health information and advice service funded by the Australian Government
- ACI - Pain Management Network - The NSW Agency for Clinical Innovation Pain Management Network brings together consumers and clinicians to promote equity of access to pain management services for patients with chronic pain and determine priorities for action.
- HealthShare - HealthShare NSW is a statewide organisation established to provide high-quality shared services to support the delivery of patient care within the NSW Health system.
- International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP) - Global Year campaign - Provides excellent fact sheets on a yearly pain theme.
- British Pain Society - People Living with Pain - Provides links and information for people living with pain.
- American Pain Society - Provides useful links to other organisations.
- International Pelvic Pain Society - Provides links and information for people with pelvic pain.
Advanced Pain Therapy Devices
Some chronic pain patients will require Advanced Pain Therapy, such as Spinal Cord Stimulation (SCS), Peripheral Nerve Stimulation (PNS) or Dorsal Root Ganglion Stimulation (DRGS) to control their pain. The following links provide information on these devices:
- International Neuromodulation Society - Information for patients regarding a range of advanced pain therapy devices.
- Abbott - Formerly St. Jude Medical. A spinal cord stimulator company. Their website provides general information regarding chronic pain and spinal cord stimulation.
- Boston Scientific - A spinal cord stimulator company. Their website provides general information regarding chronic pain and spinal cord stimulation.
- Medtronic - A medical technology company that manufactures various stimulation systems.
- Nevro - A neuromodulation company that has developed a paraesthesia-free high frequency spinal cord stimulator.
- Saluda Medical - A spinal cord stimulator company that has developed a new closed-loop control system.
- Stimwave - A new stimulator company that has developed a wireless, wearable pain relief system.